Merchant ABCs Training podcast hosts Deborah Carney and Vinny O’Hare joined Kim Salvino, Amy Ely, and Jeannine Crooks of buy.at Affiliate Network to talk about best practices when creating coupons and deals and how to effectively work with coupon affiliates.
· The benefits of working with coupon affiliates
· Best practices when creating a coupon code
· Common concerns when working with coupon affiliates
· Opportunities that could give your company an competitive advantage
Discussed in the podcast – when putting together a coupon code for affiliates, consider the following:
· Test to make sure the coupon works
· Ensure the promotion is a “real deal” vs. an everyday benefit (ex. free shipping on orders over $50)
· Give at least 3 days notice to affiliates before the promotion goes live
· Add time zones when defining coupon expiration dates and times
· Clearly define any restrictions
· Make sure the code is NOT case sensitive
Thanks to Geekcast.fm for hosting our podcasts, check them out for lots of other great podcasts about affiliate marketing and marketing in general.