· Managing creative, promotions, and information across all networks
· Considerations: Ts & Cs, setup and monthly fees, tracking, network quality measures
· Identifying network benefits: different affiliates, tools, verticals
· Actions that negatively and positively impact program growth
· Avoid confusion – be consistent with promotions and communications across networks unless you’re running separate tests to gauge performance
· Be strategic when beginning a new network relationship – consider the added value vs. added time and effort to manage another account
· Grow 2-3 relationships vs. joining every network – this will enable program managers to work effectively with each relationship vs. reactive program management to simply keep up
· Avoid network hopping – affiliate marketing is a marathon, not a sprint; don’t upset affiliates by repeatedly closing on one network and opening on another
Find us on Twitter:
Deborah Carney (a.k.a. Loxly)
Thanks to Geekcast.fm for hosting our podcasts, check them out for lots of other great podcasts about affiliate marketing and marketing in general.
Affiliates, in the comments, let us know if you will work with merchants on multiple networks, and why or why not.
Merchants, in the comments, let us know if you are on multiple networks and if they perform equally.